Pretty In Pink

Wednesday, August 24, 2016


You can never have too many lipsticks or glosses. At least that's my motto! And you can never go wrong with pink; it's flattering on everyone. I wanted to share three of my favorite pink lip products with y'all. These are all very different, but all equally pretty!

YSL Oil-In-Lip Lipstick Rouge Volupte Shine 

in Nude Lavalliere - pinkish brown $37

For a natural, every day lip: This is an oil-in-lipstick so it is not as pigmented as a normal lipstick. The shade Nude Lavalliere is described as a pinkish brown online, but on my swatch you can see just how light the pink really is. The consistency almost reminds me of a tinted lip balm. It is a medium coverage, high-shine lipstick that keeps my lips super soft and moisturized. If you like a natural lip, this shade is really pretty. If you want more pigment or color I would recommend not getting the oil-in-lipstick, but the regular. 

MAC Satin Lipstick

in Snob- light neutral pink $17

For the perfect girly pink: If you have been looking for a girly girl pink that's both flattering and full coverage, THIS is the lipstick for you. Mac Snob is the perfect pink. It's not too neon or over the top, it's just the right pink. It looks lighter on my lips than it does on my arm swatch. This lipstick pairs perfectly with Mac's Hip 'N' Happy lip liner. Snob is a neutral pink and Hip 'N' Happy has blue undertones. This is my favorite feminine looking lip combo.

 Lorac Alter Ego Lipgloss

in Girl Next Door- light coral $16

For date night: And lastly, Lorac's Alter Ego gloss in Girl Next Door. This lipgloss is so pigmented, you barely need one coat. It is slightly sticky, but not too bad to where it's uncomfortable. Girl Next Door is a light coral, pink that is so flattering on all skin tones. I think it would especially pop and look great on someone with darker skin. I don't wear a liner with this one. Sometimes I will do a nude lipstick and then layer this gloss on top to get a more neutral pink. This gloss has a great shine as well.

Here are sine swatches in different lighting. 

From left to right: YSL, MAC, LORAC
LORAC, MAC, YSL
YSL, MAC, LORAC

What are some of your favorite lipsticks or glosses? Have a product you would like me to review? Comment below or email me, I am always looking for new products to try!
Thank you for reading and don't forget to subscribe in the right-hand menu or follow me on Instagram so you never miss a post! 

XXXX
Lindsey




All photos are my own.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs